SSUSA Job #994: MAINFRAME PLATFORM ARCHITECT
MAINFRAME PLATFORM ARCHITECT
Our technology client is seeking a Mainframe Platform Architect (PA), for a technical leadership position working with their customers with a focus on the z/OS platform. This role provides subject matter expertise on the platform and works with their customer directly. They are also responsible for leveraging the platform expertise & industry best practices in designing and developing solutions.
1. Responsible for development & maintaining z/OS platform specific strategy documentation, directly working with the customer.
2. Develop intimate knowledge about the customer’s environment.
3. Act as the highest point of technical escalation as & when needed.
4. Work with the internal teams to continuously improve the overall process.
5. Knowledge of infrastructure interdependencies.
6. Analyze the platform specific issues and implement corrective actions.
7. Conduct Proof of Concept to identify gaps and fix technology solutions as well as document them.
8. Provide technical consultation and advise on solution design or modification.
· At least 8 years of professional IT experience with demonstrated experience related to z/OS Enterprise Architecture / Engineering within complex environments. Essential.
· Technology certifications preferred such as Mainframe z/OS administrator etc.
· Good degree of experience in Disaster Recovery Design and Solutions.
· Excellent knowledge and experience in Z/OS, Z/VM systems is Essential.
· Familiar with DFDSS, FDR, CICS, DB2, MQSeries, IDMS, and Various 3rd party products for the mainframe.
· Sound knowledge of System dependencies on the Application recoveries. Essential.
· Basic Understanding of Replication methodology, Evaluation of RPO, RTO and Flash Copy.
· Excellent knowledge of IBM processors (HCM) and associated I/O hardware and infrastructure.
· Skilled in MS Excel, Visio, MS Word, Outlook & PowerPoint.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Good interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
· SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM MENTION JOB 994 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
Remote from Home