SSUSA Job #991: JUNIOR CYBERSECURITY/SOC ANALYST
JUNIOR CYBERSECURITY/SOC ANALYST
One of our NYC based clients is seeking a Junior Cybersecurity/SOC Analyst that will be focused on threat monitoring, setting alerts, investigation, response and detection. You must have at least 6 months up to 2 years of experience and have worked in an internship or in a Security Operations Center.
· Detect threats through all stages of an attack
· Investigate security events
· Gather forensic evidence for investigation and remediation
· Investigate Cybersecurity platforms and tools (NGFW, NDR, EDR, TIP, SIEM, ) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident
· Perform incident response activities such as host triage and retrieval, malware analysis, remote system analysis, end-user interviews, and remediation efforts
· Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC functions
· Document all activities during an incident
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related technical discipline. Equivalent work experience in the Information Technology field will be considered coupled with relevant Cyber Security certifications.
- Minimum 6 months to a year of direct information security experience within an Information Technology organization
- Active certifications from GIAC/SANS, ISACA and ISC2 are extremely desirable.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Excellent documentation skills
YOU MUST LIVE IN THE NYC AREA
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM MENTION JOB 991 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
NY CITY /REMOTE FROM HOME