SSUSA Job #981: SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
The Solution Architect will be required to collaborate with the account management team to support Sales opportunities from RFP requirement definition, through customer workshops to solution design, pricing, proposition, and presentation to a customer. Working with the customer and internal teams in the design of a technically viable Managed Services and Cloud solutions, that are company supportable, and commercially beneficial to both parties.
1. Ascertain client IT business requirements and challenges, mapping these to the next-gen data center, network and cloud/IT infrastructure solutions which will help the clients realize maximum ROI, while positioning them for the future.
2. Assist clients with the evaluation of IT, networking, and Cloud solutions that best match their application workloads needs and strategic direction.
3. Prepare and deliver detailed solution designs and professional presentations at all levels, both internal and external. Deliver an in-depth overview of the company's technical architecture and proprietary product capabilities that provide its unique value in the market.
4. Be a technology champion by evaluating and staying ahead of emerging technologies, tools, and trends.
5. Lead consultative customer workshops to define broader IT and cloud strategies.
6. Provide feedback on new and existing product portfolios and strategic roadmap.
7. Account for both high level (ROM) and detailed estimates for a proposed solution.
8. Be a brand ambassador for the company; provide thought leadership in presenting to industry groups as requested.
9. Learn and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the company’s Managed Services portfolio and liaise with the relevant departments to provide a comprehensive supportable solution.
10. Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
· BS Degree (Preferably in Computer Science or Engineering). Desirable.
· H.S. Diploma. Essential.
· 5 – 7 years experience in a customer-facing technical Sales and/or Solution Engineering role. Essential.
· Minimum 7+ years of Solution Architecture experience in a commercial pre-sales position. Essential.
· Advanced industry certifications (i.e., VMware, MS Azure, AWS). Essential.
· Proven track record of establishing and solidifying strategic relationships with key customers and partners, while representing suites of hybrid-cloud solutions. Essential.
· Strong knowledge of the ‘as a Service’ cloud marketplace, and underlying technologies. Essential.
· Expert understanding of colocation architecture, design, implementation, and best practices – both primary and secondary locations. Essential.
· Expert understanding/experience in Hybrid Multi-cloud Ecosystems, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Essential.
· Strong product/technology/industry knowledge such as Network security methods, appliances and systems, web, database, middleware, email or ERP application installation, configuration, and management, experience with cloud management portals such as vRealize Automation, OpenStack, AWS, familiarity with cloud ecosystem, products, and solutions, experience with database management systems, familiarity with virtualization products and solutions. Desirable.
· Expert understanding/experience with cloud technologies, such as automation, orchestration, cloud management, DevOps, Security, Portability, and micro-segmentation. Essential.
· Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales. Essential.
· Tenacious work ethic, demonstrating initiative, integrity, ownership, accountability, and urgency in meeting aggressive deadlines. Essential.
· Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal required. Essential.
· Demonstrate a high degree of business acumen. Essential.
· Familiarity with basic financial concepts, and common commercial practices. Desirable.
· Excellent presentation skills at all levels – ideally proven CxO level presentation expertise. Essential.
· Ability to rationalize the business benefits and risks of a complex technology solution. Essential.
· Ability to drive customer requirements through design and implementation. Essential.
· Ability to clearly understand and accurately document customer requirements. Essential.
· Ability to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply new knowledge. Essential.
· Travel is required. Essential.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 981 IN THE SUBJECT BOX