SSUSA Job #919: Desktop Support Specialist
DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
One of our financial clients is seeking a Senior Desktop Support Specialist in their San Francisco office that will be a very hands-on senior member of the technical support team of the company that will be responsible for desktop and laptop configuration. Will work closely with the market data team and vendors. The financial services and brokerage industry, as well as common market data applications such as Bloomberg and Thomson One, or any data market feeds, will be considered a plus. This job requires quick thinking, flexibility, exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in an efficient, often self-directed manner.
At least 5 years of providing desktop support in a corporate environment
- Microsoft Certification desired or technical school equivalent.
- Understanding of the components within LAN/WAN environment to include network connectivity and remote access technology.
- Thorough understanding of hardware and peripherals with experience supporting the following operating systems in a network environment, win7 and latest operation systems
- Experience with the following applications: MS Office Suite, Anti-Virus, Adobe software
- A good understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP in a LAN or WAN environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service to a large end-user base onsite
- Respond to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support.
- Maintains and supports desktop PCs, hardware, software, operating system, and printers.
- Basic Networking and Connectivity troubleshooting
- Relocate computers between offices
- Identify, test and install new network systems or upgrades to current systems, printers, software’s or components
- Creating problem records
- Follow defined escalation paths
- Answering basic how-to questions
- Troubleshoot and fix the problem
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 919 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
San Francisco, CA