SSUSA Job #891: Senior Linux Engineer
SENIOR LINUX ENGINEER
Our global financial client is seeking an experienced Senior Linux Systems Engineer to be part of the Enterprise Systems group within the organization. This role is responsible for the installation maintenance and tuning of Linux, AIX hardware and software systems and provides technical analysis and design support for applications running on the Linux and AIX platforms. He/She will manage project and task deliverable commitments, system changes and upgrades, as well as performs system debugging tasks.
- Works closely with architecture, engineering and security to implement new products and upgrade existing infrastructure.
- Prepares, installs and implements operating software and associated components.
- Plans, prepares and applies maintenance fixes to system software and firmware as required.
- Debugs and solves problems associated with Unix and Linux servers in production and test environments.
- Assists in evaluating new hardware and software and develops creative solutions to complex technological challenges.
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate tasks with Ansible and deployment.
- Develops test plans for implementing new software or new releases of software.
- Tunes system software for peak performance and availability.
- Provides end users and developers with support including off shift and on call support.
- Provides technical training for information technology personnel as needed.
- Tests and implements hardware and software upgrades and if necessary works off shift to implement changes with minimal downtime.
- Maintains Linux Unix disaster recovery plan and actively participates in technology and business recovery activities.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all facets of Unix Linux systems engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts, TCP/IP, routing, firewalls and network security.
- Strong shell scripting and Perl scripting experience.
- Proficiency in RedHat Advanced Systems Administration and AIX Systems Administration.
- Strong ability to document and create training material.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent mentoring skills with the ability to delegate and influence others.
- Results oriented, exhibits excellent judgment, and has relentlessly high standards.
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency, flexibility, adaptability and comfort with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 891 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
Jersey City, NJ