SSUSA Job #829: MS System Center Configuration Engineer (SCCM)
MS SYSTEM CENTER CONFIGURATION ENGINEER (SCCM)
Two of our global financial clients in NYC are seeking candidates that will help drive continual improvement in processes, people, and technology and leading the design, implementation, and maintenance of all Windows infrastructure for a 24x7 production environment, with the focus on System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and automation within the organization.
· Perform all aspects of Level 3 Engineering, management, administration and troubleshooting of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). Assist application delivery teams with global deployment strategy, configuration and definition of guidelines.
- Drive the process automation of operational items for the team, including maintaining an improving DR fail-over routines and orchestration processes in place
· Perform quality assurance of all changes before they are implemented in the production environment.
· Act as a technical resource, working with the architecture department to deliver infrastructure projects as well as design and engineering of new solutions when required.
· Provide day-to-day operational support for VMware, Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Collaborates with business, information security, database and application development teams to define and design scope for each project.
- Develops and maintains system and project documentation including progress reports of the environment and systems.
- Delivers support/ engineering which includes design, system upgrades, maintenance and enhancements, new implementations and solutions, root cause analysis and resolving performance issues.
- Performs systems administration activities including testing, general troubleshooting, patches, upgrades and performance tuning.
- Expert level experience with SCCM 2012 (Task sequence, Software Deployment, Patching, OS Provisioning, PXE, MDT, DCM)
· Expert knowledge of Powershell, other scripting languages and automation workflows
· Ability to serve as a subject matter expert in any of the following areas:1) Windows Server platform, (configuration, security, debugging crashes or poor performance. Understanding of core operating system constructs such as memory, processor and I/O); 2) Microsoft Active Directory and associated technologies (Group Policy, ADFS, Kerberos, DNS, DHCP); 3) Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS).
· Advanced performance tuning/optimization skills
· Ability to own complicated problems to conclusion and to coordinate multiple teams in fault finding processes
· Experience with VMware and knowledge of other server and desktop virtualization technologies
- Analytical skills necessary to troubleshoot a variety of symptoms, diagnose problems, and test, recommend and implement solutions to technology problems.
Ideally, the candidate would have a Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar field. This role does require a minimum of seven (5-7) years experience working in a support / engineering role within a high paced IT environment, preferably within a financial institution.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB# 829 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City