SSUSA Job #724: Technical Lead
Our client is seeking a Technical Lead to work as part of our Core Technology Team. The team is responsible for an array of applications which include the matching engine, central system configuration, quantitative analysis applications, and market data publishing along with surrounding support subsystems. The Technical Lead is expected to become familiar with a number of existing processes and tools and be able to design and implement additional features as well as diagnose and troubleshoot production issues. Also important is after a suitable training period applicants need to be able to operate autonomously and pursue assigned tasks with focus and vigor. This position will require technical supervision of staff members on a project basis.
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ability to work independently and be a team player. Working together in a team environment is critical. The successful applicant will lead teams of developers on important projects requiring focus in what is a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Design and develop high quality enterprise class software.
- Provide 2nd level production support.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Taking an aggressive view of assigned tasks is expected and required.
- Strong knowledge of C and/or C++
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Pluses would be experience with TCP communications, SQL, Apache, CGI, Perforce, Agile development methodology, and shell scripting
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in the development of enterprise class applications.
- 5+ years’ experience in writing C/C++ multi-threaded applications on Linux.
- Experience in multi-threaded low latency application development. People with backgrounds in machine control, real-time, factory floor, trading systems, and other such high performance low latency message based environments are encouraged to apply.
- A history of pursuing assigned tasks, both in a team setting and individually, with an aggressive stand toward completion of given tasks with focus and clarity.
SEND YOUR RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
IN THE SUBJECT BOX INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER 724
Livingston, NJ Area