SSUSA Job #716: Senior HP Openview Administrator
SENIOR HP OPENVIEW Administrator
The Senior HP Openview Administrator is responsible for assisting the engineering group in assuring the highest reliability and performance possible for the company product line. The Administrator is responsible for designing, scripting and implementing monitoring for hardware, OS and applications. The Administrator is also responsible for all monitoring configurations for all network devices. The Engineer is responsible for providing standards for performance measurements, collections of these measurements, alerting on exceptions, and reporting facilities, including best practice implementation and third level support.
1. Design, develop, implement and manage all scripts (Perl, Shell, Groovy, SQL), utilities built to support monitoring requirement for the company.
2. Manage all managed nodes add, move and delete from the Enterprise/Systems Management Tools environment.
3. Provide technical guidance to Operations and Development to improve/automate monitoring of applications
4. Assure a high level of service on production systems while anticipating future requirements, trends, and changes to provide current and future satisfaction of customer service levels.
5. Administration of Systems Management products such as HP OML, OVPM, App Pulse, BSM, OMI, OBR, NNM, NPS, OVPI, and agent subsystems.
6. Monitoring and identifying trends on the network utilization anticipate future demands and provide necessary capacity to maintain service levels.
Reviews requirements and functional specifications to determine impact on production environment
Involved in creating and Certifying field procedures and manuals
Ensures that proper Systems Management utility documents are distribute to Operations
Create and set up lab production environments (Linux, VM, Windows etc.) as needed to verify performance monitoring tools
Automating manual procedures by writing scripts using shell, Perl, VB, or Java
Records and distributes Systems management results to project manager as needed
Available to provide support and administration functions as needed
Meets work requirements and quality targets on time and within budget
Assists in planning and monitoring of work schedules
Provide support during and after hours for all Operations and Engineering personal Also, as so directed:
Attends conferences, seminars and ongoing technological training as required by the business
Learns other skill sets and technology as needed
Provide In-house training for other members of the team and other departments
Adheres to all policies and practices as noted in the Staff Handbook and Code of Conduct or other formal, informal, written and/or verbal policy / practices statements made on our behalf of management
· Strong Perl, shell scripting and Linux Administration background.
· Strong background on network configuration, SNMP, network commands, protocols (ISIS,BGP,IGRP,MPLS)
· Strong knowledge of Performance Monitoring tools such as, HP Open view OML, OBR, NPS, AppPulse, BSM, UD, BAC, OMI, NNM, OVPI, and the integration adapters.
· A good understanding of network services like DNS, LDAP and NTP,
· Strong understanding of MIBS and OID management, SNMP, HTML, SSH,
· Knowledgeable of Oracle, and SQL, Web server, Security, and Networks protocols designs
· Knowledge of application’s interaction with the operating system
· Ability to create an application and network environments from scratch
· Ability to detect abnormal behavior when installing or testing software
· Working knowledge of MS Office applications
· Basic knowledge of Java programming languages
· Basic knowledge of Oracle databases and commands
· BS in Computer Science or its equivalent
· 8 years of experience in monitoring/ performance management administration
· 6 to 8 years of platform design and implementation
· Technical/Administrative courses throughout their career
Experience working in a financial or trading environment a plus
SEND YOUR RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM also mention code 716 in the subject box
Livingston, NJ area