SSUSA Job #673: Senior ETL Data Architect
SENIOR ETL DATA ARCHITECT
The Senior Information Architect will be a key leader in the design, development, and management of operational data stores, data marts, data warehouses, data integration, and the processes required to maintain and update those databases. He/she is an expert in modeling and ETL with strong leadership skills and the experience required to design, execute, and oversee data-driven initiatives which derive significant business value from the Bank’s information assets.
The Senior Information Architect is part of Bank’s Business Intelligence (BI) team whose mission is to understand the business, build relationships, and retain reliable, high-integrity, and centralized BI capability with scalability to support further customer growth.
This role requires a visionary who will strive to understand the Bank’s challenges and opportunities, and will formulate and propose innovative uses of data assets that aid in solving real and material business issues. The ideal candidate will assert themselves as a thought leader and quickly become a ‘go-to’ resource for gaining insight from operational and financial data.
· Strong skills in data analysis, information assessment, and data quality review
· A proven track record and understanding of business processes and structures
· Understanding of change and issue management methodologies
· Demonstration of team leadership and the ability to build and maintain relationships
· Strong working knowledge of various SDLC practices in both waterfall and agile team environments
· Good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers, analysts, and business staff throughout the organization. Ability to express complex technical information in a user-friendly language and style and present information effectively in 1-on-1 and small group settings
· Ability to communicate clearly in writing to document data requirements and translate into technical solutions
· Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to succeed in an ambiguous and unstructured environment
· Ability to prioritize in the face of multiple demands
· Ability to quickly learn new businesses and technologies
· 8+ Years experience implementing relational database designs, data warehousing, data architecture, & data modeling, including strong knowledge of various data modeling approaches and practices
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science
· Leadership experience with and knowledge implementing SQL databases, data warehouses and BI reporting tools
· Experience with data quality management and metadata management
· Master data management (MDM) and reference data management (RDM) experience a plus
· Strong hands-on experience with SQL, PL/SQL, & TSQL
· SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM