SSUSA Job #672: Linux Systems Enterprise Architect
LINUX SYSTEMS ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT
The Linux Systems Enterprise Architect assists the Enterprise Systems Architect in the following areas
- Evaluate new technologies for the company to meet their current and growing needs.
- Do "Proof of Concept" implementations to test new technologies or products that look promising and meet the standards, technical vision and the needs of the company.
- Do project planning to help implement new products and to do major upgrades of existing products before handing them over to Operations.
- Documentation of existing architecture and keeping it up to date as changes are made.
Sample technologies include Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat Cloudforms,
IBM Bluemix, AIX, Bladelogic
The Linux Systems Enterprise Architect will be responsible for but not limited to:
· Helping the Enterprise Systems Architect in doing Proof of Concepts of new technologies or new versions of existing technologies related to Linux, Open Source, Cloud, Automation, Orchestration, Middleware.
· Documenting the work and helping with the Operationalization of new technologies.
. Help with the documentation and maintenance of standards documents for the responsible technologies
. Help with automation of tasks so that the Operations teams can do things in a repeatable and automated manner.
. Maintain a close working relationship with key IT groups such as Architecture, Security, UNIX, Networking, Storage, DSG.
. Provide technical leadership and assist the growth of trainees in the Bank.
. Assist the UNIX team as required for any reported issues.
. Troubleshoot production issues and provide timely support if asked.
. Complete projects or assigned tasks in accordance with defined project management methodology.
. Do project planning to help implement new products and to do major upgrades of existing products before handing them over to Operations.
. Documentation of existing architecture and keeping it up to date as changes are made.
. Provide regular status updates to management.
. Participate, where necessary in requirements gathering/elicitation, design and/or testing phases
· Must have deep knowledge of Linux operating system technologies. Preferable a RHCE.
. Must have experience with new Open Source Technologies like Openshift, Openstack, Cloud Foundry.
. Must have experience in automation technologies and orchestration technologies.
· Must have good working experience in securing Linux Operating Systems
· Must have knowledge about new and emerging technologies.
SEND YOUR RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
New York City