SSUSA Job #622: Senior Oracle DBA
SENIOR ORACLE DBA
Our technology services client is looking for a Senior Oracle Database Administrator that will be responsible for supporting the configuration, installation, upgrading and maintenance for all levels within our client's Oracle Database environments.
- Ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support customer’s applications.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to establish secure services with minimum downtime.
- Gather technical requirements from our clients customers and implement various database patches to support their database requirements.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, integration and maintenance of the hardware and software infrastructure supporting a wide variety of customer applications.
- Working with customer personnel to maintain the integrity of the customer’s databases.
- Provide world-class customer support and technical expertise for our clients customer Oracle applications.
- Assist team in supporting all Oracle database managed customers. These tasks would include installations, configurations, performance, backup & recovery, and daily database operational tasks.
- Responsible for the planning, implementing, and execution of Oracle database backups and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Responsible for database patching, upgrades, and support activity including off hour support when required.
- Able to schedule multiple assigned tasks efficiently with little assistance from management.
- Assist in the technical evaluation of new database versions and features.
- Work closely with all operational groups to insure compliance with all corporate adopted system standards and directions.
- Technical assistance to all internal/external customers during system problems and implementation.
- Interface with and support customer refresh requests, restores and database administration functions.
- Manage new customer implementations as scheduled.
- Support team members in implementations of new customer environments.
- Manage database implementation timelines and support installation, tuning, validation and management of new customer databases in the company's data centers and in remote customer locations.
- Provide detailed, accurate technical documentation and troubleshooting steps to allow tier 1 response to initial problems.
- Learn automated resource functions and terminology.
- Learn alert management platforms, functions, and terminology. Specifically, understand the monitoring fabric and software tools used to monitor the environment effectively.
- Learn the Database and Application Management services and responsibilities. Become familiar with ISO9001:2000 documentation, provide suggestions and execution of continuous improvement of these procedures.
- •Working knowledge in activating, provisioning, and troubleshooting managed storage (tape and disk), load balancing, operating systems administration, database administration, monitoring services.
- •Strong systems, database, application and storage troubleshooting skills are required.
- •Strong project management, time management skills required.
- •Must be a strong team player.
- Main Requirements (including any physical requirements):
- Must have a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in the following areas: ◦Full Oracle lifecycle support.
- Experience with Oracle 10g, 11g R1, 11g R2, and 12c.
- Working knowledge of Oracle in a Linux/Solaris/Unix/virtual environment required.
- At least 5 years Oracle DBA experience managing Oracle backups, performance tuning, and general maintenance
- Installation, configuration, and upgrades of Oracle databases.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Oracle RAC databases required.
- Experience working with Oracle Data Guard required.
- Experience with Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle 12c container/pluggable databases, database encryption desirable.
- Strong understanding of Oracle internals.
- Understanding of and an ability to implement, internal system standards, procedures and services.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple workloads and projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of Oracle backup and restore procedures, including RMAN, NetBackup, and Tivoli.
- Performance tuning of databases.
- Experience in capacity planning.
- Ability to function successfully in a highly stressful, 24x7 mission critical environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Strong customer-service focus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to continue education and maintain industry certifications, as applicable.
- Oracle certification preferred.
- College degree in Computer Science or similar engineering degree.
- Excellent oral and written skills and is capable of translating technology concepts and trends into meaningful information understandable to those who are less technical inside or outside of the organization.
- Ability to engage various resources within to the company to support customer’s environment.
- Demonstrated history of attributes consistent with culture: can-do attitude, customer-focused, flexible, initiative, quality-conscious, responsive, teamwork and contributing to other’s success.