SSUSA Job #613: Network Security Engineer
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
Our global banking client is looking for an experienced 5+ years Network Engineer with financial industry experience.
Work with the Architecture and Engineering and other functional groups within the bank to implement engineering solutions to meet the project and ad-hoc requirements of the organization.
Implement Policy on the Banks Firewall infrastructure in compliance with ITSEC standards.
Implement Policy on the banks WEB service devices I.E. Palo Alto.
Implement configurations on other security and load balancing appliances.
Support network and data center installations including racking, stacking and cabling of various types of equipment.
Ensure all design, implementation, support and maintenance activities adhere to the bank's system development life cycle;
Ensure adherence to the bank's standards and strategies;
Ensure all technical documentation is maintained to an appropriate level and reflects the as-installed environment;
Assist in problem determination activities, leveraging the bank's fault reporting system;
Ensure faults reported via the bank's fault reporting system are monitored, managed and progressed;
Ensure faults reported via the bank's fault reporting system are updated with sufficient narrative to ensure a complete audit trail of a fault's life-cycle;
Ensure alerts generated by the bank's pro-active monitoring systems are managed and progressed;
Ensure carrier maintenance notifications are managed and progressed;
Provide support to 1st level support staff;
Be prepared to work unsociable hours and weekends, and be contactable when away from the office;
Develop technical skills pertinent to role
Provide timely progress reporting to the Network Manager; and, undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Network Manager.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training experience is mandatory.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years industry experience in a similar environment.
- Computing or related area with a focus on network security.
- Training and certification on network equipment and protocols – Checkpoint and / or Cisco required.
- CISSP or other general security related certification a plus
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Cisco platforms; specifically with Cisco 3800 and 3900 ISRs, 4500, 6500, Nexus switches and 7200 series routers including all compatible supervisor and line cards for these platforms.
- Experience and certifications with Checkpoint Firewalls.
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience with F5 load balancers is highly desirable.
- Experience with industry standard security practices.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Configuring load balancers, troubleshooting traffic engineering using BGP and OSPF and large scale network design and maintenance is critical. Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: MPLS, DMVPN, DS3, SONET (OC3, OC48), Ethernet, 802.2/3, 802.1d, 802.1q, IP, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP, IGMP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DHCP, DNS.
- Experience with mission critical multicast systems is highly desired. Technical writing abilities a big plus.
- Experience working with UNIX and Windows OS.
- Past work experience within a financial IT environment
Ability to translate security policies and procedures into technical architectures and/or configuration settings
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, written and communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and concepts and apply that knowledge effectively
- Ability to work both independently and with a team to accomplish multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to create technical documentation and network diagrams as deliverables to customers in a timely manner
- Work with little supervision and is self-motivated
- Ability to multitask
- Experience with production troubleshooting
- Experience with integration of vendor products into a complex corporate IT environment
- Vendor Management experience
- Project management skills
- Strong understanding of WINDOWS and UNIX environments .
SEND YOUR RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
New York City