SSUSA Job #562: SAN ADMINISTRATOR
Our financial client is looking for a SAN Administrator that will report directly to the Director of Open Systems in the company's Financial Systems group, the qualified candidate will provide technical hardware and software expertise for effective and timely support and administration of their Storage Area Network (SAN), including the EMC VMAX frame, data switches, and tape silo. As a SAN Systems Administrator, s/he will be responsible for planning, configuration, and management of storage area networks, monitoring and performance tuning of the storage subsystems, and capacity planning and storage allocation forecasting for the financial applications.
The candidate will:
• Perform upgrades of the development, test and production systems during the allotted windows for maintenance activities - which at times will require work being performed off-hours.
• Participate in regularly scheduled disaster recovery drills.
• Be required to perform LINUX/Windows/AIX OS Administrative tasks as necessary as directed by the Infrastructure team management
• Participate in training as necessary to stay current with the technical tool-sets used by the company or planned for use.
• Have ownership of the function of data backup (and restoration as necessary) of data files in accordance with the approved data retention requirements of the Financial Systems team –
The SAN admin will operate within the Open System team and will be expected to work closely with the AIX system, database, and middleware product administrators. The candidate will be required to clearly and regularly communicate with these teams in order to ensure the continued
availability of their technical platforms. As a senior technical position, it is expected that successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual that works well in groups as well as independently and requires little direction to achieve results.
• Extensive experience with EMC SAN hardware
• Extensive experience with Symantec NetBackup and the support of backup and Recovery for day to day operations and Disaster Recovery.
• Experience with Performance Analysis and Tuning, Capacity Planning of SAN Environment
• Knowledge of IBM AIX Operating Systems, specifically V7.1 and RedHat Linux
• Understanding of monitoring tools (e.g., BMC Patrol) and capacity planning tools
• Knowledge of writing and/or modifying shell scripts
• Experience with bare metal recovery procedures and installs of Operating systems.
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational and strong project management skills and work within a team environment.
The candidate must possess a thorough understanding of:
• SAN technology, Specifically EMC's VMAX-20K
• EMC UniSphere and ProSphere, PowerPath, EMC Performance Manager, EMC Solution Enabler
• EMC Data Domain Virtual Tape Library - DD860
• IBM 3854 tape Library
• SAN Switches, HBAs,
• Clone technology,
• SAN Manager and SRDF,
• Brocade 8510 directors and implementation expertise.
The candidate must also possess good knowledge of multi-pathing and dual fabric switched solutions. Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of Symantec Netbackup, version 7.0 or greater as management of the backup infrastructure is a major part of the job requirements. This requires knowledge of:
• Clone disks, VPSnap
• Timefinder and Korn shell scripting,
• Integration with Oracle RMAN for DB backups.
• Any experience with CA-Scheduler integration is a plus.
SEND YOUR RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
New York City