SSUSA Job #1007: DIRECTOR OF DATA ENGINEERING
DIRECTOR OF DATA ENGINEERING
Our media client is seeking an experienced technical leader to drive innovative yet effective data engineering and for manipulation of data streams, vision, strategy, and tactical decisions in an agile environment. The role can work remotely or from our NYC (Manhattan) office, you will manage a team across the U.S. and overseas and collaborate with leaders and executives across the company to deliver the highest quality for our product.
● Lead and mentor a team of data engineers and architects that design innovative and high-impact business analytics solutions.
● Accountable for executing on our product roadmap using agile practices; managing the team’s roadmap and supporting on-time product delivery.
● Play a pivotal role in building and improving our data engineering standards, best practices, and rigor.
● Collaborate closely with Legal, Compliance, and Security to ensure data products are compliant with regulations such as GDPR and CCPA.
● Work closely with various divisional leaders such as PMO, DevOps, Product, Marketing Analytics and Customer Analytics teams.
● Exhibit proactive ownership over all aspects of data governance, providing key business insights and developing key features in the product roadmap.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the industry.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory position.
- Extensive knowledge of business metrics related to an online user subscription model.
- Extensive experience with complex and varied data sources and data pipelines. and ETL workloads.
- Manage multiple data platforms and data reporting platforms (Tableau, PowerBI, SSRS, etc.).
- A passion for data engineering and operational excellence.
- Strong thought leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and technicalities.
- Excellent organizational and technical skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
In addition to the minimum qualifications above:
● Deep understanding of Big Data platforms and convert meaningful data analytics information that is aligned with business strategies and company growth.
● Proficiency in Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
● Exposure to programming and ability to understand basic software architecture concepts.
● Prior experience working in geographically distributed teams and off shoring partners.
● Ability to influence across functional boundaries and across multiple organizational levels to drive results.
● Track record of delivery in rapidly changing, highly collaborative, multi-site, multi-stakeholder environments
● Being comfortable with ambiguity and facilitating discussions to explore the best possible solutions.
● Experience with data science and Internet-scale infrastructure
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
Remote from Home