SSUSA Job #990: INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
One of our financial clients is seeking an Infrastructure Solutions Architect that can provide the necessary leadership, analysis and be able to design tasks related to the development of a technical solution to build a plan for a virtual desktop environment for 100k+ users. This individual will help draft and develop a technical direction and recommendation by analyzing “as is" solutions — including systems (meaning not just applications, but also processes and information), shared infrastructure services (hardware and devices), shared application services, network, and other components to design a future “to be” state of the art.
• Lead technical design, technical direction, and network support processes of infrastructure devices including Linux,
Unix and Windows operating systems, Storage systems, Data Centre infrastructure & Virtualization hardware and
software for existing and new programs in the Telecom domain.
• Acting as subject matter expert for VMware cloud platform with deep product expertise as well as comprehensive
knowledge of IT enabling technologies in customer deployment scenarios.
• Drive architectural discussions to ensure success when adopting and expanding with VMware cloud platform
• Architect-level skills designing, implementing, & supporting Citrix XenDesktop (VDI) in both a VMware ESX and
Microsoft Hyper-V/SCVMM environments.
• Engineer-level skills supporting and troubleshooting the Citrix client in a heterogeneous environment (Windows,
Mac, and iOS).
• Administrator-level skills operating Microsoft Terminal Server / Remote Desktop Services (RDS) including rights
and security configuration in a multi-user environment.
• Provide a comprehensive end-to-end architecture for the stakeholders, business and technical requirements.
Ensuring the solution aligns across the business for people, process and systems domains.
• Be responsible for the technical solution through all phases of the project, support the project managers and work
within a defined change management process.
• Responsible for architecting, planning and implementing the VDI - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
• Architects VDI hardware and software system designs in support of the program infrastructure and develop
technical solutions to complex problems.
• Provide guidance on optimization of desktops for platform interoperability.
• Create a strategic technology roadmap including but not limited to providing options for emerging technologies to
solve business challenges.
• Provide recommendations for optimizing on existing technology stacks and digitization initiatives underway.
• Draft a short- and medium-term technology solutioning recommendation that is quickly actionable by the client.
• Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
• Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution
• To ensure suitable regularity of mobile solutions, structures and solutions architecture across client enterprise.
• To take part in aligning the vision and technology roadmap for mobile solutions that operate within the section
approach and assumes responsibility for outlining risks and dependencies for implementing this roadmap.
• Proven experience in leading infrastructure & network engineering design and implementation efforts on complex
projects, including the planning, tracking, and controlling of infrastructure project activities
• Proven experience of Citrix XenApp and experience designing, installing, configuring, managing, and
troubleshooting complex and large Citrix server farms.
• Detailed knowledge of IT Networks and hardware components including experience in setting up and administering
• Experience in using ITIL in an enterprise environment and working in a matrix organization.
• Knowledge of producing architecture utilizing COTS products to fit within industry frameworks.
• Detailed knowledge of network management software and techniques including Active Directory, domain and
group policies and virtualization.
• Experience in technically leading projects throughout the complete IT Development Life-cycle from requirements
capture to handover and knowledge transfer. The candidate will have full knowledge of the development/delivery
life-cycle of IT infrastructure projects.
• Disciplined and rigorous approach to network and infrastructure design and ability to ask challenging questions
about the requirements and architecture of the infrastructure at each level of the hierarchy.
• Experience as Architect for developing cloud-enabled applications including, but not limited to:
VDI - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Citrix Administrative, Citrix XenApp, Citrix NetScaler, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix PVS Provisioning, Citrix
Platform Upgrade/Migration, Citrix Application Streaming/Provisioning
Agile/Scrum business process management
Windows Server Administration
Credentials and experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
• Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including
technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or
• US Citizenship required
Good to have certifications:
• AWS Certified Solution Architect
• Cisco Certifications
• CTA: Certified Technical Architect
• TOGAF 9 (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
• Citrix Certifications
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION WITH SOME TRAVEL TO MARYLAND. YOU MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR GREENCARD HOLDER.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM AND PUT JOB 990 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
Baltimore MD & Remote