SSUSA Job #989: CLOUD ENGINEERING LEAD
CLOUD ENGINEERING LEAD
One of our Fintech clients in NYC is looking for someone to lead Cloud Engineering with the goal of creating a manageable, scalable, and cost-efficient cloud architecture. You must have experience deploying/managing enterprise-level software in one of the major cloud environments, hands-on experience with microservices and containerized solutions as well as a genuine passion for cloud architecture.
- Working with the engineering team to define core cloud infrastructure
- Defining and implementing external connectivity, market data and service to service messaging solutions
- Implementing infrastructure as code
- Defining and implementing cloud security policies
- Participating in CI/CD pipeline definition and deployment
- Managing cloud costs + performance and providing direction to senior leadership
- Learning and teaching – keeping your skills current and sharing your cloud knowledge with others is a big part of the role
- Hands-on engineering experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Practical experience delivering infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.)
- Experience with Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes or other containerization and orchestration technologies
- Critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving mindset
- 5+ years of experience in software development or related rolesExperience with DevOps tools for CI/CD: version control (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with programming and scripting language (e.g., Python, Go)
- Experience with implementation of security best practices and audit/compliance
- Understanding of Linux System administration and networking
THIS POSITION WILL BE IN THE OFFICE AND REMOTE. YOU MUST LIVE IN THE NEW YORK AREA. YOU MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR GREENCARD HOLDER.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 989 IN THE SUBJECT BOX.
New York City