SSUSA Job #984: DIRECTOR OF Dev/Ops & Site Reliability Engineering
Director of DevOps & Site Reliability Engineering
One of our clients in Social Media with offices in NYC is seeking a Director of DevOps & Site Reliability Engineering across North America and Europe.
Our client is looking for a seasoned and impactful Director of DevOps to lead a team of DevOps Engineers across North America and Europe. As the Director of DevOps & Site Reliability Engineering, you will lead the DevOps, Production Engineering, and Service Operation team that design, implement, and operate the hybrid-cloud infrastructure. You will lead the team of experienced DevOps engineers to modernize, implement, optimize, and support the infrastructure and tools that provide building blocks for the developers to improve productivity.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience developing operational-based tools, managing hybrid/multi-cloud environments in a highly available, large scale, and global organization. We are looking for someone who is results-driven, customer-centric, and takes ownership and accountability with a mindset that anything is possible.
● Deep understanding and demonstrable experience with AWS products, Kubernetes, Docker, MongoDB, PostgresDB, OpenStack, CI/CD pipeline both on Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and On-prem Private-Cloud (OpenStack)
● Proven experience delivering and maintaining high-availability and disaster-tolerance global application and infrastructure
● Collaborate effectively with peer Engineering Directors and external partners to solve customer-facing production incidents and problems. The candidate will work closely with product engineering teams to collect and present appropriate metrics (i.e., SLA, SLI, and SLO) to implement the observability platform
● Analyze infrastructure Service Desk tickets and seek continuous improvement opportunities. Take point on urgent or complex issues, ensuring appropriate actions are taken and the determined root cause
● Create the DevOps roadmap and drive its implementation with the team and the dependencies across the company
● Developer Success is a must - Work with the Engineering teams to ensure customer SLAs are being met or exceeded
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE A US CITIZEN OR GREENCARD HOLDER
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM AND MENTION JOB 984 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
Remote from Home