SSUSA Job #980: Senior Solutions Engineer
SENIOR SOLUTIONS ENGINEER
One of our IT services clients is seeking an experienced IT Solutions Engineer to be responsible for the end-to-end success of the company's opportunities, including pre-sales support, solution design, pricing, and implementation. The Senior Solutions Engineer will ascertain client IT business requirements and challenges, mapping these to next-gen Data Center, network and cloud/IT infrastructure solutions that will help the clients realize maximum ROI while positioning them for the future. This role also has an impact on the organization through feedback and improvements upon product strategy, pricing, big deal processes and ‘Voice of the Customer’ contributions from Operations and Implementation to continually improve solution design quality.
1. Assist clients with the evaluation of IT, networking, and Cloud solutions that best match their application workloads needs and strategic direction.
2. Prepare and deliver detailed solution designs and professional presentations at all levels, both internal and external.
3. Champion the technology by evaluating and staying ahead of emerging technologies, tools, and trends.
4. Manage the communication and internal cooperation of the company's resources: Enterprise Solutions, Sales, Support, Operations, Legal, Contract Administration, and the executive team to help drive sales success.
5. Lead consultative customer workshops to define broader IT and cloud strategies.
6. Provide feedback on new and existing product portfolios and strategic roadmap.
7. Account for both high level (ROM) and detailed estimates for a proposed solution.
8. Be a brand ambassador for the company; provide leadership in presenting to industry groups as requested.
9. Drive efficiencies and change within the Global Solution Engineering organization through continual process improvements.
10. Maintain a solid working knowledge of the company's products and services.
· BS Degree (preferably in Computer Science or Engineering). Desirable.
· H.S. Diploma. Essential.
· 5-7 years experience in a customer-facing technical Sales and/or Solution Engineering role. Essential.
· Minimum of 5 years supporting complex client requirements assessment and solutions development required. Essential.
· Minimum 5+ years of Solutions Selling in a commercial pre-sales position. Desirable.
· Proven track record of establishing and solidifying strategic relationships with key customers and partners, while representing suites of hybrid-cloud solutions. Essential.
· Expert understanding of colocation solutions, design, implementation, and best practices – both primary and secondary locations. Essential.
· Expert understanding/experience in Hybrid Multi-cloud Ecosystems, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Essential.
· Strong product/technology/industry knowledge such as Network security methods, appliances and systems, web, database, middleware, email or ERP application installation, configuration, and management, experience with cloud management portals such as vRealize Automation, OpenStack, AWS, familiarity with cloud ecosystem, products, and solutions, experience with database management systems, familiarity with virtualization products and solutions. Desirable.
· Strong understanding/experience with Windows, Linux, UNIX OS basics, 3-tier web architectures, LAN, WAN, and security design. Essential.
· Expert understanding/experience with cloud technologies, such as automation, orchestration, cloud management, DevOps, Security, Portability, and micro-segmentation. Essential.
· Expert understanding of Advanced Networking Technologies, production IT technologies, replication technologies, and solutions. Essential.
· Advanced understanding of the solutioning tools (Salesforce, Proposal Tools, Technology Sizing Tools). Essential.
· Advanced industry certifications (i.e., Cisco, VMware, MS, AWS). Desirable.
· Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales. Essential.
· Tenacious work ethic, demonstrating initiative, integrity, ownership, accountability, and urgency in meeting aggressive deadlines. Essential.
· Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal required. Essential.
· Exceptional project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple complex projects required. Essential.
· Excellent presentation skills at all levels – ideally proven CxO level presentation expertise. Essential.
ONLY RESPOND TO THIS POSITION IF YOU LIVE IN THE NY/NJ/CT METRO AREA
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM AND MENTION JOB 980 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York/New Jersey/Connecticut Tri-State area