SSUSA Job #978: Lead Systems Performance Engineer
Lead Systems Performance Engineer
One of Fintech Clients is seeking a Lead Systems Performance Engineer to conduct performance testing on our client-server applications and load/capacity testing for our cloud-based SaaS platform. This role requires an individual with a curious mind and who loves digging into technical aspects of speed performance scale with previous experience identifying system bottlenecks and optimizing complex platforms.
· Lead capacity planning and provide reports, statistics and capacity models to project system limits and scaling requirements.
· Obtain a working understanding of our desktop application, client-server processes, microservices and backend platform systems.
· Document baseline of all initial performance observations and metrics from a client perspective
· Work with our Site Reliability Engineers to map system interactions, data flow, dependencies, and potential bottlenecks
· Build and prepare load test plans for client and backend services
· Build out test suites with tools such as Locust for our backend microservices, RESTful, and API performance testing
· Execute load tests and provide test reporting and insights to development and operational teams with suggestions for code and infrastructure improvements
· Maintain performance benchmarks and create reports with metrics for all releases and application versions.
· Participate in capacity planning and provide reports, statistics and models to project system limits and scaling requirements
· Build and conduct tests with complex workloads, data flow, and client scenarios to expose bottlenecks and failure points
· Integrate PE testing with our SDLC and CI/CD processes
· 5+ years in a performance testing role
· Strong understanding of client-server and multi-tier applications including experience with backend testing
· Hands-on experience on system monitoring tools and frameworks
· Understanding of Quality Assurance testing process and concepts
· Experience with Cloud platforms and/or SaaS infrastructure testing
· Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills with the ability to find the root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools
· Experience with load testing tools (e.g., JMeter, Locust or Gatling) for testing REST APIs and other HTTP(S) endpoints
· Experience with benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load
· Strong teamwork and collaborative skills
ONLY RESPOND TO THIS POSITION IF YOU LIVE IN THE NEW YORK METRO AREA AND ARE A US CITIZEN OR GREENCARD HOLDER
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
IN THE SUBJECT BOX MENTION JOB 978
New York City