SSUSA Job #975: DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
One of our financial industry clients is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to work in their offices in NYC. You will be a member of their technical support team that will be responsible for desktop and laptop and VOIP configuration. This job requires quick thinking, flexibility, exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in an efficient manner. You must have a minimum of 4 years of providing desktop support in a corporate environment.
Works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests. Responsible for answering IT requests via phone, email, live chat or instant message and explaining solutions in technical and non-technical terms.
Desktop Support Job Duties:
- Install & Support PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smartphones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log, and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to senior leadership
- Migrating servers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 or higher platform
- Maintain client databases with up to date solutions and clear record of activities
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients
- Use call logging system to accurately record telephone requests
Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent Customer Service in Face-to-Face, Telephone or Electronic Interaction with Clients, Good Language, and Communications Skills, Problem-Solving, Good Understanding of Computer Support and Troubleshooting, Knowledge of Windows 10, and Windows Server products Ability to Work in a Team, Ability to Prioritise Projects
ONLY RESPOND IF YOU LIVE IN THE NEW YORK CITY AREA AND WILL WORK IN THE OFFICE.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM AND MENTION JOB 975 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City