SSUSA Job #947: DISASTER RECOVERY SPECIALIST
DISASTER RECOVERY SPECIALIST
One of our clients in NYC is seeking a Disaster Recovery Specialist to help review and identify opportunities to mitigate the risk of business disruption for technology and business unit based products and services.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans, then complete a Business Impact Analysis.
- Support compliance-related activities and evaluate the impact on organizational activities
- Identify opportunities to mitigate the risk of business disruption for technology- and business unit-based products and services
- Coordinate with threat analysis to identify threats and hazards
- Validate business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and plans through tests and exercises
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operations
- Support business resilience governance, strategy, and planning
- Draft reports summarizing testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations
- Identify, prioritize, and track remediation items, collaborating with partner teams to design new processes and policies that close gaps
- Experience with facilitating and leading technical meetings with business unit representatives for resilience planning and validation
- Experience with implementing business continuity information management systems, mass notification systems, and common operating picture platforms
- Knowledge of technology and business concepts, life cycles, and processes
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, and analytic skills with the ability to communicate concepts to technical as well as non-technical audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience developing and delivering briefings to top management
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking, and project management skills
- Experience in supporting training development and logistics
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and build relationships with internal team members across all levels of the organization, as well as with external vendor organizations.
- Proven ability to work independently with efficiency and flexibility
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5+ years’ direct experience in business continuity, disaster recovery, organizational resilience, or related risk assessment and remediation at a technology company.
- Relevant certification in one or more business continuity, risk, or resilience disciplines (e.g., ABCP, CBCP, CBCI, MBCI, BCCE, CISSP)
- Practical experience conducting business impact analyses across multiple business units within complex organizations
- Practical experience conducting awareness-building activities for business resilience throughout an organization
- Practical experience with emergency or response operations and incident management frameworks (e.g. NIMS ICS)
- Ability to work nights and weekends during crisis events
- Experience in defining, implementing, and ensuring risk-based standards, processes and procedures for responding to disruptions in business or IT operations.
- Strong understanding of information systems risk and resiliency
- SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
- MENTION JOB 947 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City