SSUSA Job #941: EMR/EHR SPECIALIST
One of our healthcare clients is seeking an EMR/EHR Specialist in Orlando Fl. that will actively engage with team members and end users to implement and support EMR/EHR standardization, utilization, integration and optimization. Communicate with customers to assess their comfort level with the EMR/EHR, understand their business operation and help them optimize the functionality and utilization of the system. Provide the day to day support of all production and test platforms to ensure the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of the EMR/EHR system. Responsible for EMR/EHR Projects, end-users contact and resolution of application related issues and technical problems. Primary liaison with the vendors. Manages relationship with EMR/EHR Vendors for strategy and product roadmap and tracks technology changes with a remote hosting vendor and plans upgrades and implementations to maintain current platform. Responsible for the availability and performance of the EMR/EHR systems, as well as the growth and improvements of the platforms to most effectively serve clinical and financial needs. Ensure compliance with HIPAA Privacy and Security. Gathers and analyzes data, and ensures timely updates to the EMR/EHR system. Manages system maintenance including upgrades, packages (service, exception and content), patches, and reviews all release notes, and coordinates troubleshooting/resolution of complex issues with EMR/EHR vendors and other 3rd parties. Validate and support systems testing efforts.
Identify opportunities to maximize benefits and mitigate risks of EMR/EHR by having a deep understanding of practice workflows. Develop and articulate a product roadmap. Delivers EMR/EHR training to practice staff and physicians. Analyze practices and recommend products, features, and/or services to improve workflows and patient care. Design, develop and update clinical workflow and educational materials. Maintains an issue knowledgebase to document support issues and associated resolution approaches as part of proactive approaches to problem management. Design and configure requested clinical templates and/or forms for enabling a more efficient workflow.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of health information systems, computer science, information technology, or related
- Eight (8) years relevant work experience with eCW, preferred with a clinical and health informatics background
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementation and/or project management with EMR/EHRs
- Hands-on experience with electronic medical/health record systems (eClinicalWorks)
- A clear understanding of the operations of a medical practice including physician revenue cycle workflows and clinical workflows
- Solid understanding of HIPAA, ambulatory EMR/EHR technologies, applications and integration capabilities with a working knowledge of clinical and financial workflow
- Knowledge of Interface and Interoperability standards
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines in a timely manner
- Must exercise good interpersonal relations and cultivate lasting relationships, seeking ways to increase customer satisfaction
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work with customers at all levels, from executive management to individual teams, providing insightful analysis to technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Self-driven and independent with attention to detail while being highly organized, and a critical thinker with a positive attitude
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 941 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
ONLY RESPOND IF YOU LIVE IN THE CENTRAL FLORIDA AREA!
Central Florida area