SSUSA Job #931: SQL Database Administrator
SQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
One of our global clients in NYC is seeking a SQL DBA with at least 3-5 years of experience as a SQL Database Administrator. You will be responsible for the support and maintenance of the database and all related software, hardware, and related reporting systems. Through the use of specialized software, includes reporting, event/program capacity planning, installation, configuration, performance monitoring, as well as backup and data recovery.
· Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL services 3-5 years of Database Administration work. Utilizing Point of Sale software is a plus and hardware products and systems administration experience with multi-platform environments.
· Technical/professional certification such as Microsoft MCSA: SQL Server, MCSE: Data Platforms, MCSE: Data Management and Analytics, or CompTIA A+ or Network+ strongly preferred.
Technical and Professional Skills
- Good working knowledge in Business Intelligence Tools and Analytics
· Strong skills in administering Microsoft SQL, SQL Server Log Shipping, and Windows Failover Clustering. Database Design and Analysis.
· Experience in designing and developing reports using SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and a general understanding of BI architecture and concepts.
· You should be a forward thinker, good problem solver with a focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Excellent customer service
· Collaborative work style
· Good ethics and integrity
· Ability to work independently
· Strong attention to detail
· Analytical problem solving
· Design, implement and maintain SQL Server database systems in a range of environments covering the complete product life cycle, in a range of complex and critical environments.
· Implementing and maintaining database security and access controls to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data assets.
· Experience with MS SQL Management Studio, SSRS, SSIS, authentication practices, remote administration and designing and developing reports.
· PowerShell scripting to automate deployment, configuration and management tasks.
· Plan and implement database disaster recovery; responsible for database recovery methodologies and the ability to perform them.
· Monitor and optimize database performance.
· Understanding of Point of Sale software, hardware and technical requirements for operation are a plus
· Methodologies commonly used to troubleshoot computer hardware or software problems and related peripherals.
· Participate in the on-call support of SQL Database Platforms. Maintain proper communication with team leads and management when issues occur or escalation is needed.
· Documentation, reporting including scripts for task automation, data queries.
· Upgrade and maintain a trouble-free database environment while not impacting day to day database operations.
· Interpret rules and regulations.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 931 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City