SSUSA Job #913: Performance & Monitoring Analyst Consultant
PERFORMANCE & MONITORING ANALYST CONSULTANT
One of our global financial clients is seeking an experienced Performance and Monitoring Analyst to work as a consultant on this position. You will be able to work remotely, but you must live in the NY/NJ area.
The Performance and Monitoring Analyst will be responsible for initial setup and monitoring of both infrastructure (storage, networks) and applications using both element managers and 3rd party monitoring tools. The analyst will also create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for use by other team members to monitor the infrastructure and applications, modify monitoring screens and periodic reports, and specify actions to take when certain thresholds are exceeded. The analyst will need to communicate with and take direction from multiple team members as part of their position, consult and work with third-party vendors as needed, and assist staff in using the monitoring and performance tools. The analyst will need an appropriate remote working environment including the ability to access the company’s web-browser based secure application interfaces.
The Performance and Monitoring Analyst will have the following duties:
- Become familiar with monitoring tools used including Virtana VirtualWisdom, NetApp Active IQ and OnCommand Unified Manager, and eG Innovations eG Enterprise, among others.
- Review systems workloads in order to define what is normal, and identify what is abnormal
- Review Graphs, Data and Alerts to find the root cause of performance and availability issues.
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned.
- Experience in a similar role with identified successes is a must.
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision to achieve goals
- Ability to independently learn new technology concepts with limited assistance.
- Appropriate remote working environment
- Use of VirtualWisdom, ActiveIQ, OnCommand Unified Manager, or other similar tools
- NetApp or other storage administration experience
- Understanding the complexities of full-stack performance monitoring in multiple converged and stand-along environments.
- RedHat, Oracle, Windows, ESX, Cisco and MDS, and NetApp, VMAX, Isilon, Unity array experience and KPI’s to monitor.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 913 IN THE SUBJECT BOX