SSUSA Job #912: RedHat Linux System Administrator
LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
One of our financial clients is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to support all of the company's internal applications. Any DevOps experience is helpful. This consulting position will convert to a full time permanent position after 6 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all Linux environments including on-premises and public cloud hosted.
- Must have excellent knowledge of all Linux (RedHat and Ubuntu) systems including kernel level knowledge.
- Must have some DevOps experience.
- Implement standard security parameters including restrictions on individual logins, application specific access, etc.
- Hands on knowledge of containers, microservices, plus commonly used services incl. Kubernetes required.
- Above average working knowledge of PostgreSQL and Redis required.
- High-level scripting and automation
Requirements and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will be passionate about designing and delivering a robust Linux server experience while ensuring a strong risk and controls environment that protects the company.
- Strong DevOps or programming background and desire to automate /make self service routine tasks.
- Must have a strong understanding of the underlying technology, as well as trends in the Linux and public cloud space.
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience in the discipline.
- Hands on experience with RedHat (multiple versions) and Ubuntu.
- Hands on knowledge of containers (esp. Docker) and microservice architecture.
- Proven experience of AWS, Azure and other public cloud providers with recent hands on experience
- Must have a strong understanding of the underlying technologies, as well as trends in this space.
- Bachelors degree in a related technology field
- Budget-focused mindset
- Outstanding organizational abilities, and aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to succeed
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to understand requirements, and to influence, negotiate & achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 912 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City