SSUSA Job #905: Senior Monitoring Systems Engineer
SENIOR MONITORING SYSTEMS ENGINEER
We have a few global financial clients that are looking for a Senior Monitoring Engineer at their location. This person will help influence the direction of their monitoring infrastructure and help make better use of their existing tools. You will evaluate new tools, integrations and work with other teams, managers and vendors as well as day to day support.
· Provides senior level technical support and leadership for Global Monitoring Engineering. As a senior technologist, this person is responsible for managing and supporting multiple projects and resources as required.
· Works closely with developers, users and managers from other groups to identify their operational requirements and strategic monitoring needs. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective monitoring solution for the systems design. Required to participate in meetings with our users, provide direction as to the best practices for monitoring their applications, and producing monitoring requirements docs for the Global Monitoring Engineering team to implement.
· Acts as expert technical resource to staff members and users in all phases of the implementation process. Mentor new staff members as they are on-boarded.
· MicroFocus Operations Bridge suite of products (OMi, OBM)
· Advanced knowledge of Windows and Unix system administration
· Advanced Unix and Windows scripting skills (Unix scripting skills required, Groovy & Python preferred)
· Amazon Web Services skills
· Project management and organizational skills
· Excellent documentation and communications skills (both verbal and written)
· Excellent customer service skills. Must be able to develop mutually beneficial partnerships with our customers. Must be able to work with partners from a diverse environment, and diverse skills sets, some with limited basic technical knowledge to others with highly advanced skill sets.
· Must exhibit a professional appearance and provide updates and status to management as required in a professional, clearly organized and timely manner.
· Ability to build and maintain partnerships with vendors. Coordinate regular update and patch level reviews. Review and evaluate new vendor products as they become available. Coordinate onsite and offsite meetings as required and insure that our vendors understand our needs and requirements on a regular basis.
· Must have a good working understanding of the ITIL principals, and best practices with industry standard Incident, Problem and Change management procedures and processes.
· Must be able to work closely with a diverse staff located at various locations around the globe and to be able to provide 24*7 support as required and participate in a rotating on-call coverage schedule.
· 10 years of monitoring hybrid systems in a large global production environment
· Advanced experience required on both of the following HP Infrastructure and Application tools:
o MicroFocus Operations Bridge Manager (OML / OMi, OBM)
(aka: HP OML, HP OMi, HP OBR)
o Network Node Manager (NNMi) from MicroFocus / HP
· Experience in integrating Amazon Web Services within hybrid IT environments
· Experience in Application Performance Monitoring (AppDynamics preferred)
Education, Training or Certification
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science / Information Systems Management.
· Certification (or equivalent hands-on experience) in HP Operations Manager products (OMi, OBM)
· Amazon Web Services Associate or Professional certifications
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 905 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
Miami,FL- Dallas TX- NYC