SSUSA Job #897: AIX/LINUX PLATFORM ARCHITECT
AIX/LINUX PLATFORM ARCHITECT
Our client is seeking a AIX/Linux Platform Architect SME to take on a technical leadership position working with the focus on specific platforms AIX and RedHat Linux. In this role the platform architect provides subject matter expertise on a specific platform and works directly to design and develop high quality technical documentation. They are also responsible for leveraging the platform expertise & industry best practices in designing and developing solutions.
· Responsible for development & maintaining platform specific strategy documentation.
· Act as highest point of technical escalation as & when needed.
· Work with the internal teams to continuously improve the overall process.
· Knowledge of infrastructure interdependencies.
· Analyze the platform specific issues with proper RCA and implement corrective actions.
· Conduct Proof of Concept to identify gaps and fix technology solutions as well as document them.
· Provide technical consultation and advise on solution design or modification.
· Provide hands on incident/change production support for managed environments where customer requires a unique skillset.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technology discipline.
· At least 8 years of professional IT experience with demonstrated experience related to Enterprise Architecture / Engineering within complex environments.
· Technology certifications required on IBM AIX and preferred on Red Hat Linux.
· ITIL and Togaf.
· Good degree of experience in Disaster Recovery Design and Solutions.
· Experience and troubleshooting knowledge on Volume managers such as VERITAS and Solaris (SVM).
· Experience on OS recovery strategy such as Flar, mksysb restore or ignite backup, wan-boot, zone management, LDOM’s, IPMP.
· Experience with AIX in an Oracle/(9, 10 and 11) environment.
· Extensive experience with UNIX platform like IBM AIX (5.3, 6.1 & 7.1).
· Must have experience in Linux Platform should have extensive experience in Linux Platform in Production Support and Managing Large Infrastructure.
· Should have expertise in at least one of the clustering technology i.e HACMP, VCS & RedHat Cluster Suite.
· Ideally has experience working with VMware.
· Experience supporting UNIX & Linux systems hosted in a Physical, logical and virtual environment.
· Experience with AIX LPAR, VIO’s & NIM’s, VPAR concepts.
· Familiarity with automated discovery and CMDB.
· Skilled in MS Excel, Visio, MS Word & PowerPoint.
· Hands-on experience with ServiceNow a plus.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Self-motivated and learnability.
· Good interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
· Recommend solutions and services
· Ability to deliver improvements.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM MENTION JOB 897 IN THE SUBJECT BOX