SSUSA Job #881: SQL Server Database Administrator
SQL SERVER DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
One of our global financial clients is seeking a SQL Server DBA with at least 5 -7 years of experience with PostgreSQL, NoSQL and SQL Server. Additionally you must have experience with AWS and Azure.
- Responsible for maintaining all PostgreSQL and SQL-Server databases including backups, restores, space management, optimization, creation & archiving.
- Configure and implement the connectors and work with application developers to use the databases from Linux and Windows.
- Implement standard security parameters including restrictions on individual logins.
- Build schemas for databases as a service in the public cloud (e.g. RDS in AWS) across both AWS and Azure.
- Architect and maintain a NoSQL MongoDB environment both in the cloud and in the office on site.
The successful candidate will be passionate about designing and delivering a robust database experience while ensuring a strong risk and controls environment that protects the company.
- Must have a strong understanding of the underlying technology, as well as trends in the database space.
- 5-7+ years’ hands-on experience in the database discipline.
- Hands on experience with SQL Server (all versions), PostgreSQL, and NoSQL, including upgrades across versions.
- Proven experience of AWS, Azure and other public cloud providers with recent hands on experience
- Must have a strong understanding of the underlying technologies, as well as trends in this space.
- Strong DevOps or programming background and desire to automate /make self-service routine tasks.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to understand requirements, and to influence, negotiate & achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
IN THE SUBJECT MENTION JOB 881
New York City