SSUSA Job #877: NETWORK ENGINEER
Our technology based client is seeking a Network Engineer with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience to analyse the company's network and LAN/WAN systems to determine existing and available capacity. You will also prepare reports communicating available capacity to stakeholders; Design and execute capacity and life-cycle augmentation projects; Design and execute lab projects in support of capacity and life-cycle issues and augmentations; and Prepare business proposals in support of capacity and life-cycle augmentation recommendations; Identify root cause for core level crisis events and provide potential short/long term preventive actions in a timely manner using retroactive, reactive, and proactive means. You will also be responsible for analyzing Core Local and Wide Area Networks to determine possible faults. Perform technical network investigations for assigned ITIL Problems. This involves layer 1-4 issues in a state of the art MPLS based IP backbone, Core switches and DNS.
- Minimum five years industry experience in a design and engineering role in a large enterprise or service provider environment with the installation and support of a large IP network.
- Extensive working knowledge of routing protocols including BGP4, OSPF, ISIS and knowledge of the Internet concepts and routing architectures is required.
- Extensive working knowledge of spanning tree and layer two switching concepts is required.
- Working knowledge of load balancing technologies, firewalls (specifically, previous experience with Cisco ASA firewalls is a must) and DNS is required
- Extensive working knowledge of Cisco IOS is required.
- Working knowledge of Juniper Routers and JUNOS software is required.
- CCNP, CCIE or other equivalent certifications is preferred.
MENTION JOB 877 IN THE SUBJECT BOX