SSUSA Job #871: NETWORK ENGINEER
One of our financial clients in NYC is seeking an experienced Network Engineer. This person will be part of a team that focuses on LAN/WAN networking design, engineering, implementation and operational support, involving primarily Cisco routing and switching products.
- In addition to Cisco’s networking products, other vendor products include F5 Load Balancers (LTM/GTM), Palo Alto Firewalls, Infoblox and BIND DNS systems.
- This person will also be supporting various data security products such as firewalls, IPS/IDS systems, etc.
- Candidates need to have at least 6-10 years of experience with core networking technologies and other disciplines related to data communications. Candidates need to have solid working knowledge of data communication protocol suites such as TCP/IP and other general data networking knowledge such as data cabling, telecom services such as T1/T3/OC3, etc and be able to lead projects.
- Candidates need to display their core network engineering fundamental knowledge which includes but not limited to network system design and implementation procedures.
- Candidates will be required to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network problems with root cause analysis.
- Routers, Switches, LAN/WAN Design and Engineering
- Data security firewalls (Palo Alto NGFW). VPN technologies, Cisco ISE or other NAC (Network Access Control) system experiences.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco IOS-based routers: 7600, 7200, 3800, 2800, etc.
- Cisco IOS based switches within the 6500, 3750 and 3560 families; and Cisco ASA 55xx firewall appliances.
- Cisco Nexus experience is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of networking layer 3 technologies, such as routing protocols OSPF and BGP, HSRP, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of layer 2 technologies, such as Rapid Spanning-Tree and various LAN/WAN mediums (i.e. PPP, HDLC, etc.) Wireless LAN.
- SDWAN experience is a plus.
- Central Authentication, Authorization and Accounting protocols such as RADIUS or TACACS+
- Logging aggregation and reporting via SNMP and SYSLOG
- Ability to work and document proof of concepts (POCs), assessments, detailed evaluations report etc.
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure performance diagnosis and scalability assessment activities
- Solid understanding of network topologies: routing & switching
- Solid understanding of IP networking (TCP/IP and packet analysis)
- Ability to write technical and operations documentation
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 871 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City