SSUSA Job #837: Linux Systems & Application Support Administrator
LINUX SYSTEMS & APPLICATIONS SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
One of our financial clients in New Jersey is looking for a Linux Systems & Applications Support Administrator to be part of their System & Applications Support Engineering team that provides 24/7 support of the company's global back-office, production & trading systems infrastructure. The individual will troubleshoot application and system problems, install and configure IBM Servers & HP Integrity servers in a Redhat Linux/Unix environment, and globally work with Field Services personnel.
· Respond to events from the monitoring tools, with the goal of restoration of service.
· Carry out system health checks periodically and following deployments and upgrades.
· Analyze application logs to determine the root cause of problems.
· Perform trace analysis using TCPdump, Snoop and Ethereal.
· Plan and document Change Requests, as required to implement Application and Server upgrades and changes.
· Work with hardware and software vendors to obtain support to diagnose problems.
· Remotely Guide field staff with deployment and replacement of servers and server components
· Participate in meetings with other groups (Engineering, Development, and QA) to plan and document deployment approaches and Operational Requirements.
· Follow procedures; provide updates; ask questions; take action; follow up on missing; incomplete or unresolved issues.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and logic.
· Individual must be a self-starter, highly dependable and detail-oriented.
· Communicate clearly and concisely in a logical, organized fashion, verbally and in writing with co-workers, superiors, and corporate users.
· Organized with the ability to multitask.
· Flexible to change of task.
· 5+ years of Linux experience
· 2+ years’ experience working on trading system environments
· In-depth knowledge of RHEL 5, RHEL 6 and RHEL 6. including clustering.
· 4+ years experience with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Servers.
· Experience in hardware and software support, configuration and installation of Servers, Server Hardware, Operating system installation, and network TCP/IP experience.
· Knowledge and experience with installation, the configuration of PCs, small servers
· An understanding of Network routers and switches desirable.
· Strong understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP and DNS
· Familiarity with ESX VMware virtualization is a plus
· Experience with MS Windows Server desirable.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB#837 IN THE SUBJECT BOX