SSUSA Job #821: SENIOR LINUX SYSTEMS ENGINEER
SENIOR LINUX SYSTEMS ENGINEER
One of our financial clients in Jersey City, NJ is seeking a Sr. Linux Systems Engineer that will work in a team environment on various system projects related to Linux, Storage, and Application Support. You will be part of an energetic team of engineers and administrators who are responsible for the servers and support tools which form a key part of the infrastructure.You will work as part of a global team to ensure system availability, stability and project delivery
Work on Architecture & Engineering, and Security projects to secure/harden Linux Operating System deployment in production
· Make system hardware and software recommendations as required
· Assist in evaluating new hardware and software and develop creative solutions to complex technological challenges
· Stay abreast with technical and operational tools and knowledge required to perform assigned duties
· Prepare, install and implement operating software (RedHat Linux ) and associated components
· Plan, prepare and apply maintenance fixes to system software and firmware as required
· Work on Architecture & Engineering, and Security projects to implement new products and upgrade existing Infrastructure
· Debug and solve complex problems associated with Linux servers in production and test environment
· Develop and maintain scripts to automate tasks and deployment
· Develop test plans for implementing new software or new releases of software
· Tune system software for peak performance and availability
· Provide end users and Developers with support including off-shift and on-call support
· Provide technical training for Information Technology personnel as needed
· Test and implement hardware and software upgrades and if necessary, work off shift hours to implement changes with minimal downtime
· Maintain Linux/UNIX Disaster Recovery Plan and actively participate in Technology and Business Recovery activities
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
5+ years' experience in Linux Systems Engineering and Administration, with increasing administrative and leadership responsibilities or an equivalent in education and work experience.
Extensive knowledge and experience in all facets of Linux Systems Engineering & Administration, decision-making, and technical work management skills.
5+ years of RedHat Linux Advanced Systems Administration experience with RHCE certification.
Experience with working in a SAN environment (EMC VMAX/VPLEX) preferred.
Experience with Oracle RAC and ASM luns served from an EMC Enterprise SAN preferred.
Experience with RedHat Clustering preferred.
Good organization and documentation skills
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Ability to work effectively in a team
Operating system engineering (Linux)
· RPM based Linux distributions
· Oracle RAC
· PowerPath, Multipath
· kickstart, cobbler
System performance assessment and OS tuning
Automation & Scripting (Ansible, Puppet, bash, ksh, nsh, python, perl)
Integrate new technologies into environment working directly with the Architecture teams
Produce and maintain internal knowledgebase articles
SEND YOUR RESUME TO
AND MENTION JOB#821 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
Jersey City, NJ