SSUSA Job #816: TRADE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
TRADE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
One of our Capital Markets clients is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange. CM has been in operation for more than 30 years and is a leading market maker in several markets.
The trading group is seeking a highly motivated Trade Support Associate. This position provides a unique opportunity for the candidate to learn as well as to progress in their Front Office career. Given the small size of the trading group, the candidate will have the ability to learn wide-range of derivative products simultaneously and add value to the traders in their daily trading activities
The role is part of the trading group and coverage including swaps, options, fx and credit, in all major currencies.
- This is a challenging role in which a motivated candidate will be able to contribute from day 1 as well as learn how positions are managed in different trading books.
- Capital Markets has a significantly sized option book that the candidate will support in daily risk and pnl reconciliation and create EOD reports for traders.
- Will execute short term fx rolls and repos and gain valuable trading experience.
- Assist traders in performing market analysis and analyze trading strategies
- Monitor daily curve (rates, fx basis and tenor basis curves) and volatility (cap and swaption) calibration to ensure EOD books are marked correctly.
- Run daily stress tests for the options desk and send out daily reports summarizing the results, along with market commentary.
- Work with middle and back office groups to resolve any portfolio discrepancies and making improvements to daily processes
- 2-3 years of fixed income derivatives experience in similar role and/or strong fixed income product knowledge including swaps, options, fx, credit
- Programming knowledge in Python, Visual basic is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Strong Excel and VBA, Python skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Motivated, ability to work well under pressure and proactive
- Knowledge of derivatives valuations and curve building fundamentals
- Strong multitasker with the ability to work several projects/issues at one time
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM MENTION JOB816 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City