SSUSA Job #805: IT Governance Project Manager
IT GOVERNANCE PROJECT MANAGER
One of our banking clients is seeking a person that has experience in IT Governance covering both Project Management and Process Improvements.
The key responsibilities are:
- Manage strategic and complex banking technology projects in a financial services environment.
· Ensure cooperation for project objectives from key team members from a matrixed organization
· Execute status meetings, partner with Project stakeholders and drive initiatives to completion.
· Prepare and produce project status, Issue/Risk and RAG reports for senior management
· Coordinate project meetings and working sessions with project stakeholders
· Conduct project related status/performance analysis
· Secure funding approval for the project budget and manage spend on a regular basis
· Create Resource Plans for assigned projects and manage resource allocation and release
- Function as 'Single Point of Contact' for a designated Application /Infrastructure area
· Contribute to PMO and IT Governance methodology and related process improvement efforts
- Lead the definition, improvement and implementation of PM processes and procedures, considering company and industry best practices (e.g. PMI)
- Be the custodian of all Project Management processes and templates and plan the continuous improvement
- Continuously seek to upgrade knowledge of and skills in project/program/portfolio methodologies, including industry best practices (e.g. PMI, IEEE, COBIT, etc.).
- Conduct Process Quality Reviews (PQRs), ensuring documented methodologies are followed, including documentation, requirements and best practices.
- Project Management - problem solving, risk/issue management, having analytical abilities
- Good understanding of industry standard Project Management and IT Governance processes
- Negotiation, Influencing, Conflict Resolution
- Communication – verbal and written
- Self-driven, motivated
At least 5 -10 years in a similar role in Financial Services industry, preferably in a bank
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing complex IT projects in the financial services sector.
- Experience with Microsoft Project is required; experience with Microsoft Project Server is a plus
- Knowledge of Enterprise Project Management software
- Experience working with technology vendors to implement product solutions (application, infrastructure or security)
- Experience of successful definition and implementation of project management methodology /SDLC processes in an IT organization in financial services industry
- Knowledge of CMMI/ITIL/COBIT and Agile development methodology is required
- Experience of managing projects based on Agile Methodology is preferred
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM MENTION JOB# 805 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City