SSUSA Job #794: Desktop Support
DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
temp to perm
We are looking for an IT support Technician. The ideal candidate will be proactive and reliable and have strong troubleshooting skills. Candidate must have excellent interpersonal communication and customer services skills and will provide the best service to our users.
- Serve as the first point of contact for our users seeking technical assistance, in person, over the phone or through email.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications. Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, software and hardware.
- Interface with MSP and other IT vendors both verbally and via email, as required.
- Report significant and recurring issues to CIO.
- Manage desk moves and changes.
- Support digital, IP, and wireless phones.
- Adhere to all IT security policies and assist in enforcing and monitoring IT security policies;
- Printer Support, mapping, drivers, toner, installing maintenance kits etc.
- Procurement of IT/supplies, Assist with purchasing request methods.
- Assist in various projects and other duties as assigned.
- Desired Skills:
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a desktop support role.
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills, must have an innate curiosity and interest in IT
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong process, time management and organizational skills.
- Familiar with O365 administration and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare, SCCM
- Working knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches.
- Working knowledge of applications, Including Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe.
- send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- include job# 794 in the subject box