SSUSA Job #693: Senior Linux Systems Management Engineer
SENIOR LINUX SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
The Systems Management Engineer is responsible for assisting the company's IT team in assuring the highest reliability and performance possible for the company.. The Engineer is responsible for designing, scripting and implementing monitoring for hardware, OS and applications. The Engineer is also responsible for all monitoring configurations for all network devices.
Also responsible for maintaining and supporting all Systems Managements tools deployed in production. Implementation of backup strategy for application and database servers. Implementation of high-availability and disaster recovery using the latest tools and technologies such as Clustered systems, Standby databases, replication etc.
1. Design, develop, implement and manage all scripts (Perl, Shell, Groovy, SQL), utilities built to support monitoring requirement for company..
2. Manage all managed nodes add, move and delete from the Enterprise/Systems Management Tools environment.
3. Provide technical guidance to Operations and Development to improve/automate monitoring of company applications.
4. Assure a high level of service on production systems while anticipating future requirements, trends, and changes to provide current and future satisfaction of customer service levels.
5. Administration of Systems Management products such as HP OML, OVPM, App Pulse, BSM, OMI, OBR, NNM, NPS, OVPI, and agent subsystems.
6. Monitoring and identifying trends on the network utilization anticipate future demands and provide necessary capacity to maintain service levels.
Strong Perl, shell scripting and Linux Administration background.
Strong background on network configuration, SNMP, network commands, protocols (ISIS,BGP,IGRP,MPLS)
Strong knowledge of Performance Monitoring tools such as, HP Open view OML, OBR, NPS, AppPulse, BSM, UD, BAC, OMI, NNM, OVPI, and the integration adapters.
A good understanding of network services like DNS, LDAP and NTP,
Strong understanding of MIBS and OID management, SNMP, HTML, SSH,
Knowledgeable of Oracle, and SQL, Web server, Security, and Networks protocols designs
Knowledge of application’s interaction with the operating system
SEND YOUR RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
East Hanover, NJ