SSUSA Job #598: Banking Business Analyst
BANKING BUSINESS ANALYST
Our banking client is seeking a Business Analyst/Applications Support (Core Banking/Deposits). The intial functions consist of the following:
- Enhancement request analysis, user liaison, requirements gathering and documentation
- Production of Functional Specification documents based on Business Requirements Documents produced by Profile application user community
- Investigation of production issues and queries, documentation and tracking
- Reviewing and responding to requests for assistance or information from other teams (IT or Business)
- Manage and participate in the testing and implementation of application fixes and enhancements
- Provide Deposits application expertise to other key, high-priority projects
- Gathering user requirements, documenting these requirements (from both a business and technical perspective) and communicating these requirements to the appropriate technical teams along with setting and managing user expectations.
- Assist with Production support regarding queries and issues, working closely with the cross-functional teams to ensure efforts are synchronized and coordinated as efficiently as possible.
- Manage and perform the business analysis work associated with change requests, projects and production issues. (Project Management, SDLC, Change Requests.)
- Assist with the testing and implementation of enhancements/change requests, in-house fixes and vendor fixes.
- Maintain workflow process (work recording/logging, analysis, scheduling and monitoring).
- Assist with and support requests for information, advice and data (reports, extracts, etc.) received from other teams (IT and business).
Must be able to work independently, but within a team structure
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to prioritize their current workload and reprioritize as necessary
- Must be a good communicator who ensures their own team and all other necessary colleagues are kept up to date with the employee’s actions and plans
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be able to interpret and understand issues and requests raised by the Business, to be able to analyze them and initiate action that leads to a resolution
- Must have excellent documentation skills
- Should be able to work flexible and sometimes extended hours
- Must have an understanding of the importance of the Profile Deposits application, the variations between the different North America and EMEA branch installations and the dependencies and interrelationships with the Bank's other systems
- Must be eager to learn and prepared to take on any task to support the Deposits application team and the Business.
- Must have come from a Mumps/Unix/AIX OS platform, have scripting experience and have experience with Core banking.
- Must have experience with applications in Deposit systems, cash management systems and ACH
Databases / basic SQL
SEND YOUR RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
New York City