SSUSA Job #543: Senior Trading Application Support Engineer
SENIOR TRADING APPLICATION SUPPORT ENGINEER
Please review the following 5 must have requirements.
2-3 years’ experience in Electronic Trading System operations & support including software deployment and configuration
5+ years’ experience in similar role as a Senior Trading App Support Engineer
5+ years’ experience scripting with Perl, Python and/or Bash
Must have power user knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems
Working knowledge of basic network tools
If you have the above 5 requirements read on and send your resume to email@example.com
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Duties include the implementation and support of technology, operational validation of new implementations and upgrades, and creation of operational documentation. As a Production Support role, candidates need to be flexible regarding work schedule and support hours in order to ensure proper coverage. The role incorporates aspects of the following activities.
· Application implementation
· Application troubleshooting
· Incident management
· Change Control and Configuration Management
· Operational validation
· Operational documentation
· Interpersonal Skills: ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, peers, subordinates and customers
· Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Project management skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as documentation skills, to include solid experience in deploying software and writing operational procedures
· Understanding of customer demand and technology innovation to meet clients present and future requirements
· Proven record of internal customer support
· Creation of documentation, both internal and external facing.
The candidate will focus on production implementation and support based on standard practices and documentation. Candidate should know the processes, commands and configuration files required for implementation and support.
· Must have strong knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems
· Working knowledge of basic network tools (ssh, ping, netstat, tcpdump, traceroute, etc)
· Experience in production operations / support needed, preferably with trading systems
· Perl, Python, Ruby & Shell Scripting skills preferred (At least one)
· Experience with Change Control and Configuration Management systems a plus
· Unix/Linux System Administration experience is a major plus
· Network Engineering experience is a plus
· Experience working with NasdaqOMX CLICK or Genium a major plus.
· Should have experience with distributed systems and client server architectures
· Experience with performance testing and tuning of distributed systems desirable
· Some experience with Oracle Databases a plus
· Some Application Development experience with C, C++, or Java is a plus
SEND YOUR RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
Jersey City, NJ