SSUSA Job #521: Desktop Support Engineer
The desktop support analyst provides technical support for the Windows Desktop environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office and Wintel Hardware are required for this position. The role involves providing systems and technical support for all of the above platforms. The ability to liaise with end users and quickly identify and implement solutions to their support issues is vital.
- Provide end user support for Staff. This includes remote and onsite support. Troubleshoot, and resolve issues regarding Windows desktops and associated business applications.
- Support all Microsoft, third party and internally designed applications.
- Install and repair all pc hardware, laptops and peripherals.
- Work with Desktop Management team to test and deploy desktop images.
- Coordinate and support all user relocations.
- Provide detailed documentation and communicate precisely with other IT teams as required.
- Log calls in incident ticketing system accurately and thoroughly with comprehensive detail.
- Review open problem tickets daily. Follow up with open work orders.
Ensure that Incidents and Service Requests have been dealt with to the Business users satisfaction
Ensure that response time and resolution time objectives are met as defined in the SLA
- Communicate with IT staff/management to discuss problem status, policies, procedures, and documentation.
· In depth knowledge of Windows desktop technologies.
· In depth knowledge of Desktop and laptop hardware.
· Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and Internetworking Technology
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Knowledge of Server, Voice & Communications Infrastructure.
· Knowledge of various Operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Apple)
· Knowledge of Audio and Video Conferencing technologies.
· Knowledge of common Market Data applications and services.
· Relevant industry certifications may include Microsoft MCP, MCSA or individual Microsoft specialist training such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook or ITSM products
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
· Minimum 5 years Desktop Support experience, preferably within a financial services organization
· CISCO Call Manager experience is a plus
Please forward your resume to Cliff@ssusa.com