SSUSA Job #1077: STORAGE ADMINISTRATOR
One of our financial clients is looking for an experienced Storage Administrator for their NYC office. It is a hybrid position and you will be required to work in the office at least 2 days per week. The Storage Administrator designs, documents, implements, monitors, and maintains the corporate SAN environments providing support for the Open Systems (Windows, VMware and Linux) infrastructure teams in order to meet the requirements of the business.
- Strong problem and troubleshooting skills with the ability to think outside the box to drive issues to resolution. Must be able to analyze and troubleshoot SAN/NAS storage arrays to resolve issues.
- Must have detailed knowledge of SAN, and NAS. Experience with iSCSI is a plus.
- Solid understanding of block and file storage protocols FCP, NFS, CIFS, ISCSI, and FCOE.
- Familiarity with the administration of UNIX/Windows server-based operating systems and CLI w/ scripting.
- Extensive experience with the administration and zoning of fiber channel switches.
- Extensive experience with capacity planning, utilization, and performance monitoring.
- Solid knowledge of configuration, implementation, and administration of Symantec NetBackup and OpsCenter.
- Server support experience, including blades and enclosures, with hardware platforms in Windows, VMware, and LINUX.
· Administer, maintain & troubleshoot Brocade & Cisco Fibre fabrics.
· SAN Host configuration & maintenance to UNIX (Linux & Solaris), Windows, and VMware ESX Servers on multiple storage platforms such as Dell-EMC PowerStore, Unity and Pure FlashAray.
· Fibre cabling between Host & Fibre switch as well as ensuring patch panel connectivity.
· Work cross-functionally among teams to resolve storage requirements or address system issues.
· Setup schedules, clients, policies, AIR replication, and retention for backups via Veritas NetBackup
· Support Dell-EMC Data Domain.
- Backup failure troubleshooting and resolution.
- IBM LTO Tape Library Administration, Support and Maintenance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical hands-on Storage and Backup admin role.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM and put job# 1077 in the subject box.
New York City-HYBRID