SSUSA Job #1071: OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGER & COORD
OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGER & COORDINATOR
One of our financial clients is seeking an Operational Risk Manager & Coordinator for their office in NYC. This person will be responsible for the execution of all Operational Risk Management functions for all OPC units in the U.S., reporting to the U.S. COO who also serves as the Head of Operations. You will be required to work in their office in NYC 3 days a week and therefore you must live in the NY Metro area.
To perform the role of Local Operational Risk Manager for OPC in the US
OPERATIONAL PROCESS & INDEPENDENT CONTROLS
- Work with line management to define level 1 controls and ensure both full coverage and consistency across the U.S. Operational units and globally
- Ensure that the level 1 controls are properly recorded in COSMOS
- Ensure both level 1 and level 2.1 functions are being properly executed for all controls
- To monitor and report on any weaknesses (coverage, execution, results in the internal control system)
- Execute level 2.2 controls/spot checks
- Perform Control Testing
MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
To supervise self-assessment exercises and develop Operational Risk Control culture within the respective platforms; and to promote Operational Risk Management best practice
- To ensure the effectiveness and consistency of the existing control through:
- Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
- Identification of risks events to activities
- Inventory of controls in place and proper mapping to risks
- Mapping of operational risks, classification by degree of importance
- Mapping procedures covering all risks
- Action plan whenever weaknesses are identified and to reduce operational risks
- To analyze and investigate operational incidents reported, challenge action plans proposed by OPC operational teams and follow the implementation of actions plans
- To adapt the control plan depending on changes in the controlled environment in terms of organization, internal rules, regulation, etc.:
- Organization: procedures aligned with COSMOS controls, committees, etc.
- Methodology: self-assessment, control plan, reporting
- To control and monitor the actual up-date and accuracy of:
- Data relating to the platform to be reported to OLIMPIA
- Documents recorded in OLIMPIA: loss reporting and incident reporting.
- Mapping in relation to HO guidelines
- Response to internal and external audits; follow-up of recommendations
- To participate in the Internal Control Committee held by RPC ORM:
- To provide inputs for the meetings and work in close coordination with RPC ORM on some specific topics
- To define and follow key risks indicators
- Draft and update the reference documentation describing the Internal Control set-up for Operations in the U.S.
- Ensure operational incidents are properly reported; coordinate the relevant stakeholders for the production of incident reports related to any significant operational dysfunction with the adequate level of analysis and action plans
- Monitor significant trends in operational risks, through a management report including key risk indicators (KRI), key performance indicators (KPI) and dashboard
- Set up a detailed plan and carry our periodical spot checks as defined by OPC ORM HO / Platform Heads / other relevant stakeholders if any
- Experience with Risk Control
- Good knowledge of products processed by OPC and of the post-trade environment
- Ability to work independently and with various kinds of interlocutors
- Good analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Need to be very rigorous in terms of analyzing and reporting
- Excellent sense of urgency and prioritization; able to challenge OPC managers’ analysis
- Good communication.
- Versatile with PC tools and applications; MS Office, Advanced Excel, Visual Basic, Jira Cloud.
- English speaking, reading and writing. French is a plus
- 5-10 years of experience.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 1071 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City-HYBRID