SSUSA Job #1043: DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
One of our clients in NYC is seeking a desktop support specialist with at least 3-4 years of experience. You must live in the NYC area to apply for this position in NYC.
The Desktop Support Specialist will provide day-to-day technical support for our NYC offices. This role will support PCs and peripherals, which include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing hardware, software, and communication platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Desktop support for NYC corporate office teams
- Build, install, and troubleshoot PCs, workstations, and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, and mobile phones/tablets) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with company standards.
- When applicable, assist system/vendor integrators with troubleshooting application specific issues.
- Ensure that work is carried out within service level agreements in accordance to IT policies.
- Use Service Now incident management system to manage and record incidents and requests through workflows
- Asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, printers and other hardware items
- Assist with managing network hardware, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs to ensure network connectivity of all workstations
- Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software and peripheral devices
Key Role Skill Sets
- Proactive mindset focusing on preventing rather than fixing
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment
- Effective listening skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Willingness to cooperate with others and work to the greater good
- Provide regular status reports and upgrades
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, including nights, weekends and possibly holidays (only when necessary)
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3-4 years working within Information Technology in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have very strong customer service and communications skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully handle conflict and be able to maintain calm in stressful situations
- Good working and technical knowledge of systems administration, networking, systems and network security
- The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of workstation and server operating systems, server tools and utilities, and server data backup and restore
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Active Directory, Office 365, IOS, Andriod, Windows 10, and OSX.
New York City-HYBRID