SSUSA Job #1042: HELPDESK MANAGER
One of our clients in NYC is seeking a Helpdesk Manager. You will be is responsible for oversight and health of the Enterprise platform and its use by IT. The manager is expected to get into the deep complex technical issues while thinking about the big picture. Additionally, this manager has strong leadership and communication skills which lead to their team to exceeding performance expectations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Manage All Helpdesk Operations
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as the escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine the root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Monitoring ticket volume and performance metrics while supporting the team in exceeding expectations, including corrective action if necessary.
- Oversight of overall health of tickets in platform with audit reports to hold agents and managers accountable for aging tickets etc.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists (Level 1 / 2) including career development. Oversee staff activities. Builds/obtains (from other departments) training material for support staff. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support. Interact with internal and external customers.
- Gather and report operational metrics, accomplishments, and priorities for weekly leadership meeting.
- Foster positive end-user relationships and drive customer satisfaction.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs. PO review and approval/budgeting responsibility. Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience. Keep confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information.
- Establish and implement ITIL standards.
- Promote continuous improvement of Tier 1 support.
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved, or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease in troubleshooting.
- Define and implement processes and procedures for supporting all departments across the organization.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Successful delivery of services and projects supporting the business both on time and within budget through proactive team management and leadership.
- Develop and maintain Technical Support/knowledge base.
- Ensure Escalation and resolution of software issues to the responsible IT team.
- Define team goals and lead staff to achieving desired results, and while being accountable for team performance
Provide Technical Guidance and oversight of the platform
- Compare current business practices with emerging technology and recommend relevant process enhancements and products that anticipate or complement corporate direction
- Evaluate ServiceNow platform performance, isolate and debug software problems, and make recommendations for problem resolution
- Provide technical guidance in platform development, designs, solutions, and configuration
- Audit CMDB hygiene, completeness, correctness, maintenance, certification, and population
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Direct and help complete detailed documentation for workflows and services implemented within ServiceNow
Strategy and Planning
- Work with VP of End User Experience to establish and maintain a roadmap for the adoption of new applications and application enhancements
- Meet with key customers to understand tool adoption, usage and defines recommended action plans
- Participate in program strategy to help evaluate new ideas and demands against platform suitability and priority
- Find opportunities to build lasting value and improved business user efficiency
- Ability to influence all key technical decisions, providing options with pros, cons, and risks, throughout the program delivery process.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science or Engineering or a minimum of eight years of equivalent work experience
- Strong technical project management and/or leadership skills
- Ability to communicate sophisticated topics to an audience of variable technical skill sets and experience interacting with clients at multiple levels
- Understanding of key technologies integration solutions including SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, ODBC, SFTP, Azure AD, Windows 10,
- Experienced configuring and improving all aspects of ServiceNow such as workflow, user interface (UI), client scripts, business rules, and more, utilizing out-of-the-box functionality as much as possible and only customizing when vital is desired.
- Experienced managing a service desk
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 1042 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City-HYBRID