SSUSA Job #1041: LEVEL 2 SOC ANALYST
LEVEL 2 SOC ANALYST
One of our clients in NYC is seeking a Level 2 SOC Analyst that will be focused on Threat Monitoring and Detection, Response, Analysis, and Cyber Threat Intelligence to protect and maintain the overall security of the enterprise. This position is based in their NYC office and you must live in the NY metro area.
The Cybersecurity Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
Detect threats through all stages of an attack
· Investigate security events
· Gather forensic evidence for investigation and remediation
· Investigate Cybersecurity platforms and tools (NGFW, NDR, EDR, TIP, SIEM, ) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident
· Perform incident response activities such as host triage and retrieval, malware analysis, remote system analysis, end-user interviews, and remediation efforts
· Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC functions
· Document all activities during an incident
· Ability to develop specific proactive procedures for detection of security breaches
· Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies
· Strong working knowledge in operating systems, networking, MS Active Directory
· Good working knowledge of SaaS-based cloud application security and cloud platforms such as Azure
· Experience in collaborating with system and network administrators to help remediate the impact of identified risks and vulnerabilities at the platform level.
· Demonstrate conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving skills
· Ability to conduct independent research and analysis in the event of a security breach
· Identify issues, formulate strategy and proactively remediate security risks
· Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on analysis and findings
· Self-starter who is a team player that embraces collaboration.
· Demonstrate knowledge of security controls for network, application, and operating systems.
· Knowledge/use of the MITRE ATT&CK framework
· Demonstrate interpersonal skills; including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Capacity to work independently and willingness to seek advice/assistance from others.
· Security Incident Handling and Response and Threat Management
· Encryption/cryptography standards, protocols, and best practices
· Knowledge of Malware/Spyware and other malicious payloads
· Knowledge of various security technologies including:
- Minimum 3 years of direct information security experience within an Information Technology organization
- Relevant industry certifications preferred but not required (e.g., CySA+, CCNA, GCIH, GCFA, etc.) (preferred but not required)
- One or more MITRE ATT&CK Defender certifications are preferred but not required (e.g., Cyber Threat Intelligence, SOC Assessment)
· SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION IN THE SUBJECT BOX JOB 1041
New York City-HYBRID