SSUSA Job #1039: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
One of our manufacturing clients in Lafayette, Indiana is seeking a Systems Administrator. The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related IT infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners. You must live within commuting distance from Lafayette, Indiana.
- Participate in the management and deployment of the physical, virtual, and cloud server environments.
- Participate in the management and configuration of enterprise systems and applications.
- Review and patch servers/systems as required by security policies and initiatives.
- Apply OS and 3rd party patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Understands security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
- Responsible for Office365 environment, including Exchange, Sharepoint, Teams, and Mobile Device Management.
- Work to define and enhance IT policies and processes for their area across all locations.
- Support team continuous improvement by looking for ways to streamline and automate processes and improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that servers and applications are being backed up and adhering to data retention policies with respect to best practices.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Provide Tier II/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Lead project teams to deliver new technologies and improve utilization of IT Assets.
- Monitor and respond to systems outages as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field; or equivalent experience
- 3 + years of Systems Administration experience
- Any Microsoft Systems Administration and/or VMWare certification(s) a plus
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: VMWare, Veeam, MS Azure
- SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM
- MENTION JOB 1039 IN THE SUBJECT BOX