SSUSA Job #1015: SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
One of our global real estate clients is seeking an individual to install, troubleshoot and maintain the company Cisco enterprise infrastructure, including converged networks, wireless, and building systems. This is a highly technical, hands-on position which will require experience with Cisco networks. The position will also require light project management and oversight of a Junior Network Engineer.
This position will interact with internal and external teams responsible for the integration of disparate hardware and software systems. This person will be responsible for ensuring the continued operation of existing infrastructure to support a variety of systems and services including, but not limited to Wi-Fi, HVAC, and Voice. This is a highly technical hands-on position. The successful individual will be pro-active, a self-starter, and comfortable working towards highly strategic goals.
· 7-10 years of experience working in a Cisco environment
· Advanced knowledge of:
o Switching and routing technologies (particularly Cisco), including 9k, 7k and 5k network fabrics
o LAN/WAN Protocols and technologies (EIGRP, HSRP, VRF, VPC, etc.)
o VoIP/QoS design and deployment
o Layer 1 infrastructure (fiber, copper, RF)
o Layer 2 and Layer 3 network infrastructure, best practices and principles
o Best practices for firewalls, firewall configs, ACLs, network security, etc.
· Proven ability to effectively work with team members and business stakeholders across diverse roles and experience levels
· Project Management skills
· Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
· CCNA, CCNP is a +
· Other Cisco or CompTIA Network + Certification or similar is a plus
· Experience with Cisco and Meraki technologies
· Working knowledge of IoT architectures, security, management, and device integrations
· Experience with EIGRP, HSRP, BGP, VPC, VRF, VLAN Tagging, Spanning Tree, WAN, Firewalls, VPN
· Experience with Solarwinds a plus
· BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering Degree from an accredited University or equivalent experience.
· The successful candidate will also be comfortable working in a matrixed environment and will display a proactive approach to problem-solving.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO CLIFF@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 1015 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City