SSUSA Job #1008: SEARCH ENGINE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
SEARCH ENGINE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
One of our media clients in NYC is seeking a Search Engine Software Developer to oversee and execute new features on their platform. The role can work remotely or from our NYC (Manhattan) office.
• Improve our existing search products, including search quality, index performance, etc.
• Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and flexibility of the platform and services.
• Code with the ability to scale with a large data set.
• Work with the search team on deploying, scaling and performance optimization.
• Interest in exploring and learning the latest technologies in the industry.
3+ years experience in backend development.
• Familiar with search engines (Elasticsearch or Lucene). Understand how to improve search recall and precision.
• Experience in using and developing on Elasticsearch or similar search engines.
• Experience in massive data processing platforms (Hadoop, Spark)
• Proficient in Java Programming
• Familiar with large-scale, multithreading, high-performance distributed systems, and have a deep understanding of JVM principles
• Great abilities in system analyzing, abstract thinking and system designing
• Passion for software development and commitment to delivering outstanding work
• Familiar with Linux operating system
• Experience in tracing the source code of large open-source projects such as Lucene,
• Hadoop or Elasticsearch
• Experience in technologies such as Redis, Kafka, Docker
• Experience in optimizing the performance of backend systems and scaling infrastructure
• Experience with database systems, with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL stores (e.g.
• Cassandra, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
• Experience in performance testing tools such as JMeter
Remote from Home