SSUSA Job #1006: DIRECTOR, QUALITY ASSURANCE
DIRECTOR, QUALITY ASSURANCE
One of our Media Clients in NYC is seeking an experienced Director of Quality Assurance. You will have a meaningful impact on the Quality Engineering strategy, automation process, and values. We are focused on building and improving our test automation and processes to ensure the quality of the company's internally written applications. This role is hands on testing as well as leading the team and its daily responsibilities and projects. The Director of QA will report to the Chief Technology Officer. The role can work remotely or from our NYC (Manhattan) office.
Provide leadership and oversight for a technology team of QA Analysts and Engineers through guiding test planning, test execution, scheduling, resourcing and reporting.
· Lead the team to perform all levels of test including functional, system/integration, load/performance and automated regression testing
· Point of contact and liaison with all technology partners to ensure streamlined processes to release new improvements with high quality and on a timely basis.
· Help define and establish QA processes and procedures to ensure product quality by implementing objective measurements to track improvements in defect removal rates.
· Develop standardized and documented test plans, test cases, and procedures to improve quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
· Recommend adjustments, corrections or changes that improve and/or simplify the overall processing or accuracy of the products produced documents systems and review steps for redundancies.
· Handle and maintain testing environment and all applicable 3rd Party Test tool licenses.
· Partner with developers, business analysts and other members of the QA team to influence early testability guidelines, ensure accurate test coverage and overall system reliability, and performance.
· Provide performance management to direct reports including Mentor/training, performance reviews, team building activities, vision and values.
· Build an outstanding Quality Assurance team from internal resources and by recruiting and hiring a high-quality team
· Define timetables and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and effort to provide QA for highly sophisticated application systems.
● B.A. / B.S. Degree in Computer Science
● 10+ years of solid QA experience with 5+ years of technical QA management experience
● Experience with Quality Assurance methodologies
● Experience working with offshore QA resources is a plus
● Thorough understanding of Functional, Stress, Performance and Regression testing
● Self-starter, a self-managed individual who can quickly adjust priorities and maintain productivity
● Strong analytical ability, superb communication skills (verbal & written), standout colleague
● Demonstrated high quality design skills and understand overall conceptual design across integrated and multiple products
● Ability to identify and resolve problem details associated with integrated and multiple products
Remote from Home