SSUSA Job #1000: Senior Dev Ops Engineers
SENIOR DEV OPS ENGINEER
Our client is seeking a Senior DevOps Systems Engineer that will be working with various team members from across the organization, primarily in the Engineering division. The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative “DevOps&SRE” business unit that provides continual proactive technical infrastructure support & improvement on all environments of the company services/products and platforms, ensuring their optimal system’s availability and reliability. You must contribute to the improvement of DevOps implementation while applying IT security’s best practices. The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative “DevOps&SRE” business unit that provides continual proactive technical infrastructure support & improvement on all environments of the company services/products and platforms, ensuring their optimal system’s availability and reliability. You must contribute to the improvement of DevOps implementation while applying IT security’s best practices.
· Participate in all stages of infrastructure provisioning, from Proof of Concept to production support.
· Assist in the implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the systems infrastructure.
· Adhere with DevOps & SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) principles/pillars.
· Align with SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) and business values.
· Ensure maximum availability and reliability of our mission-critical platforms, complying with our SLA and SLO.
· Apply the latest OS and security patches ensuring the compatibility of the underlying running application.
· Participate in the disaster recovery/business continuity (DRBC) routine exercises.
· Handle help desk & JIRA tickets and mitigate any production issues.
· Ensure accurate knowledge base documentation in a timely manner.
· Strong knowledge of secure web app deployments in AWS (3+ years).
· Extensive experience as a Linux administrator, particularly CentOS 7.x & AWS Linux 2.
· Having the DevOps mindset of continuous improvement for operational excellence.
· The ability to work with little supervision; must be self-driven and motivated.
· Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) — Jenkins and Git.
· Experience with containerized microservices delivered with Docker, Kubernetes (Kops, AWS EKS), and OpenShift 4.x.
· Manage & optimize unified logging system and APM (Application Performance Management) monitoring tools, constantly reducing the MTTR (Mean Time to Recovery).
· Strong scripting skills using Shell and Python or Go (a plus).
· Work collaboratively with DevOps engineers, DevOps architects and SREs.
· Experience in working collaboratively with various applications development teams throughout the organization to resolve problems.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to produce and process technical documents.
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to translate business requirements into information systems solutions.
· Experience with IT security.
· Someone who is a team player.
· Professional IT certifications, such as Red Hat Certified Engineer, and AWS certifications (a huge plus).
· Relevant work experience (9+ years), either in software development or systems engineering, IT infrastructure.
· Master’s degree in technology-related, engineering or computer science (a plus).
· Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation.
· Provide mission-critical production support in case of an outage during off business hours if necessary.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM MENTION JOB 1000 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION YOU MUST LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES. THE COMPANY IS IN NYC.
Remote from Home